Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Iconic 704-8A question

  1. #1
    Inactive Member David Cox's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2004
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Does anyone have experience with the Iconic 704-8A?
    I have my eye on a pair of 604-8G drivers, but the prices on eBay are so high I'm considering just buying new drivers ( Iconic 704-8A). I'm sure the manufacturing quality is top notch, but how does the sound compare to the vintage Altec drivers?

    All the best,
    David

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Steve Burger's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2002
    Posts
    269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I will have some of our upgraded 704's soon. Perhaps you can drive up to Bellingham, WA and give them a listen. You could compare them to the 604G and 604k at that time. It will be a few weeks down the road however.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member RonSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    1,222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

    Post

    David,
    Good to see another Portlander.
    Drop me a line sometime.

    Ron

  4. #4
    Inactive Member David Cox's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2004
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Steve, I'd like to make the trip. Let me know when you have them in hand and I'll race on up.

    Ron, glad to know there's another Altec fan in town. How should I get in touch with you. I just sold my A7s. Just moved into a new house with a much smaller listening room, so the big guys had to go. I'm considering a pair of duplex, Boleros or Carmels. Good Altec sound...just smaller in size.

    David

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member RonSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    1,222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

    Post

    David,
    Just click on the envelope with the single guy standing beside it and (right above this response) and it will email me at work.
    Ron

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.